Selected Development Projects
MDC Properties was founded in 1988 to develop high-quality multi-tenant office and retail projects in the western and northwestern suburbs of Chicago. Some of its most noteworthy developments in its more than 20-year history include:
Springbrook Prairie Pavilion, Naperville
A 230,000 square foot LEED-certified retail shopping center developed by MDC and its partner at the northeast quadrant of 75th St. and Route 59. Tenants include Whole Foods Market, Home Goods, World Market, DSW Shoes, Nordstrom Rack, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Hallmark, Charles Ifergan Salon, Two Bostons, Noodles, T-Mobile, Eggsperience, Buffalo Wild Wings, Road Runner, Relax the Back, Meat Heads, Armand’s Pizza, Fannie May, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Maggie Moos and Jazzercize.
Woodward Boughton Retail Center, Woodridge
A 13-acre six-lot commercial development across I-355 from IKEA developed by MDC and its partners, who subsequently sold improved lots to CVS, National City Bank, Ace Hardware, and Goodwill. MDC and its partners developed and then sold a multi-tenant building with tenants Subway, Dunkin Donuts and Wireless City. One lot remains available for sale.
2-10 S. La Grange Rd, La Grange
A 10,000 square foot two-story retail building constructed in 1890 at the southwest corner of La Grange Rd. and Burlington Ave., across from the train station. MDC and its partner purchased and fully renovated the building, renewed leases with Fannie May, who has been a tenant since 1935, and Impact Dance Studio. MDC signed leases with Primal Oceans Salt Cave and GLS Salon.
Burlington Train Station Redevelopment, Hinsdale
The historic Hinsdale train station was leased by MDC from the Village of Hinsdale and then subleased to Cosi after extensive renovation to the interiors and the roof. The landmark property is a cornerstone of downtown Hinsdale.
The Shoppes at Glen Crossings, Glen Ellyn
A 12,000 square foot convenience-oriented retail development across from the train station. MDC demolished a home and lumber center and replaced it with a five-tenant red brick building with green awnings to include Hometown Pantry, Marinella restaurant, McCowan’s Seafood, Nationwide Insurance and a dry cleaner. MDC received an award for Architectural and Site Design from the Village of Glen Ellyn.